QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Bachelor’s degree preferably in a business-related subject, industrial engineering, economics or business administration. Preference for an individual Certified in Purchasing.
Minimum of 2 year of procurement experience at a professional level.
Experience in FMCG and food production work environment
Track record of achieving results
Ability to deal with complexity and change
Strong team player
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English & Turkish.
Proven knowledge of MS Office application is a must.
Enthusiasm for learning and development.
To manage the purchase of selected Ingredients sub-categories to ensure that the current and future needs of the Flavour & Foods businesses are met by Operations at the lowest imaginable cost. Role includes the responsibility for developing, communicating and obtaining support for creative, rigorous and successful strategies for Ingredient procurement that exploit McCormick’s geographic leverage effectively and appropriately.
· Implements corporate recruitment policies and procedures to provide an adequate supply of qualified applicants for vacant positions.
· Direct the timely and accurate preparation and reporting of financial data required by the shareholders and management for making sound decisions and plans.
· Provide timely and accurate collection of territorial data on sales volume, customer needs and trends and competitor activities for use by management in assessing sales performance.
· Select and develop subordinates to ensure achievement of this section’s objectives and to meet future departmental requirements
· Minimise total cost of purchases through use of professional procurement methods and best practice to identify major opportunities for cost reduction and service enhancements to the business. Report on defined savings projects, forecasts and results through the company agreed tool.
· Select and develop best in class suppliers to meet business needs identified through cross functional teams within the business.
· Ensure price negotiations, alternative suppliers and contingency plans
· Assist cross-functional teams/project leader to meet price and timing targets for the development of new products.
· Communicate vendor management programme to suppliers to ensure they understand and meet cost, quality and service level targets.
· Responsible for the development and cross-training within the Procurement Department and promote the use of Total quality and Creative Problem-Solving techniques to resolve problems and drive continuous improvement. Linking with EMEA Procurement activities & developing 3-5-year plans. More insight for Budget & Long-term financial planning.
· Develop systems, processes, and procedures for the McCormick Kütaş to ensure effective and efficient procurement standards are maintained.
· Maintain purchasing systems and produce reports to ensure accurate management information is available to make business related decisions.